This is probably up there with one of my favourite holiday days ever! The place we were staying at had a small rowing boat which we could take out onto the lake, so that’s exactly what we did. We were out there for about 4 hours. The scenery was just beautiful and the water was so awesome the way it glittered in the sun light. We rowed around the lake and it was harder work than it looked! We then stopped at a cafe on the beach for a snack and went swimming.
It was such a good day and I thoroughly enjoyed it! See the photos below 🙂
I’m so happy to tell you that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blogger Award – an award for new blogs which have less than 200 followers. Thank you so much to Hannah who nominated me. Go check out her blog – https://wordsmithobservations.wordpress.com/ – you won’t regret it. 🙂 This is the first blogger award I’ve ever recieved, so it’s pretty awesome to be honest. Plus, I get to discover and nominate 11 other bloggers. Here are the rules:
These are the questions that I was given (and my answers):
- What made you pursue writing? I have always been keen on writing down thoughts/feeling in a diary. Blogging allows me to do this whilst exploring other people’s thoughts and sharing my own.
- What is the most important event/events that have grown you into the person you are today? Flying to Australia on my own was an amazing experience. I learnt how to be independent and cope when things don’t go the way they’re planned.
- Describe yourself in one sentence. Always looking for new adventures/exciting things to do.
- If you could meet with anyone past or present who would it be and why? Probably Florence Nightingale. She’s such a role model for standing out from the crowd and not following what everyone else is doing. She also had a big impact on the way we approach medicine today.
- What are 5 principles that you try to live your life by? Do the right thing, even if it means standing on your own. Have no regrets. Be yourself – don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd and be nice to everyone you meet.
- If you could pack up and live anywhere in the world for a year, where would you live and why? Definitely Australia. The accents, the food, the beaches, the cities and of course the amazingly hot weather – what is there not to like?!
- Who are your favourite authors?Why do you like their work so much? J.K Rowling definitely! I love the Harry Potter books. They’re my comfort books; whenever I’m nervous/feeling down they cheer me up.
- If you could be anything in the world, what would you be? I would absolutely love to be a singer, it’s always been my dream job.
- What do you love to do in your free time? I usually hang out with friends or if I have time to myself I like to sing, read a book, or catch up on a new episode of a TV series on Netflix!
- What would you say is your biggest downfall? I often find it difficult to make good friends in new situations and I wish I could be more outgoing.
- What would you say is your best attribute? I am very ambitious; I know what my goals are and I work hard to achieve them.
11 random facts about me:
- I was homeschooled for 3 years.
- I want to travel the world and explore different cultures before I settle down.
- I hope to be a Psychologist or a Lawyer.
- I’m 5’2
- My favourite quote is “Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.”
- I love fashion/clothes
- My zodiac sign is a Scorpio (I was born on Halloween)
- I love interior design – walking through shops such as John Lewis and Ikea, or anywhere that has a homeware section is so much fun – I can’t wait to decorate my own home.
- My favourite colours are red and blue.
- I play cricket for the county team.
- I study Psychology, English Language and Law.
These are the blogs I have nominated for this award, go check them out!
- studiousbrad.wordpress.com – The layout on this blog is so good and makes it easy to read the posts. I particularly liked the post entitled “7 Tips For Waking Up Early Every Morning” – some of the tips are brilliant and really do help a lot!
- queenkerswell.wordpress.com – This was one of the first blog I came across when I first started. Some of her posts are so relatable and real. She was very friendly when I commented on one of her posts. The part I love the most about her blog is the posts on Lush, as this is one of my favourite shops.
- kuminkueche.wordpress.com – As soon as I set my eyes on the delicious recipes on this blog, I loved everything I saw. My favourite is the recipe for Green Beans. This blog boasts some of the most delicious looking, yet fairly simple recipes!
- crystaleyes20.com – If you want to feel inspired and uplifted, I seriously recommend scrolling through Crystal’s blog. I find her posts so motivating and they make me stop and think for a while in this crazy whirlwind of life! I have also got to read about how much she loves teaching – this is especially close to my heart as my grandma was also a teacher and I love listening to others share similar stories.
- femvestige.wordpress.com – I came across this blog the other day and was really touched by some of the things which have been written. I too class myself as a feminist so it was very inspiring to read Sarah’s posts.Her writing style is incredible and the poems she has written are so powerful. I especially like the one entitled ‘Unclean’
- etchedinadventure.com – I’m so in love with travel blogs, however much they make me sick with wanderlust! However, this blog is very original and that really appealed to me. The pictures are incredible and I could spend ages scrolling through them. The tips for travelling are also so useful. If you’re a travel lover, then definitely check out this blog!
- cloeverjoyful.wordpress.com – thanks to all these amazing blogs (this being one of them!), I’m getting very into reading poems. As a relatively new blog, it is very exciting to read and the writing is great – this is a very creative blog. I also love the travel post! 🙂
- element37.wordpress.com – I chose this blog because it really gives an insight into Rachel’s life. It has made me chuckle (especially the wedding post!) and think about abstract things. Also, her puppy is so adorable and her dog posts are very relatable!
- wordsfromabrokeartist.wordpress.com – I was excited about finding this blog as the tagline has psychology in it! I love anything psychology/mind/people related and her posts really seem to put into words things which I often think about but don’t know how to say. My favourite post is probably ‘That time I lost my friends and grew up as a result’ because it gives you perspective.
- lightsoulssite.wordpress.com – I enjoy how original this blog is. After reading the About page I was intrigued. Often the best blog posts are random thoughts or idea’s and I think this blog does that perfectly. The posts are short, which I like as it makes it easier to read all of them!
- ouridentityblog.wordpress.com – reading the posts from this blog makes me feel very happy. The posts are cheery and I really enjoy the friendly vibe that is projected through the writing. The first post made me chuckle as I found that whole forgetting passwords thing very relatable!
Final step is to ask you guys 11 questions, so here goes:
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why?
- What are your goals in life?
- What are you most passionate about?
- How would you define happiness?
- If you received enough money to never have to work again, what would you do on a day to day basis?
- What are you studying/have studied in the past?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- What is your favourite quote? Why?
- If you could read a book about your future, would you read it? Why?
- What is the greatest adventure of your life so far?
Hope you enjoy checking out these blogs and (to the nominees) I hope you enjoy answering the questions!