This is probably up there with one of my favourite holiday days ever! The place we were staying at had a small rowing boat which we could take out onto the lake, so that’s exactly what we did. We were out there for about 4 hours. The scenery was just beautiful and the water was so awesome the way it glittered in the sun light. We rowed around the lake and it was harder work than it looked! We then stopped at a cafe on the beach for a snack and went swimming.
It was such a good day and I thoroughly enjoyed it! See the photos below 🙂
Ronda is the beautiful mountaintop city in Andalusia, Spain. Situated on top of a deep gorge, it boasts some of the most amazing views. I have visited Ronda a few times over the years and it is one of my favourite Spanish cities. It is great for those who love exploring modern Spanish culture, as well as history.
I hope this guide is helpful if you are ever visiting Ronda or are looking for a new city to explore. 🙂
- Plaza de Toros – Ronda bullring is very impressive as the largest stone bullring throughout Spain. When first visiting, it is amazing how huge it appears to be. There is also chance to walk around a small museum at the bullring to learn the history of bullfighting. Prices are very reasonable from €6.50 to €8. There are still bullfights being held here, although I have no appetite for such things, it may interest you!
- Ronda Gorge – probably one of the most breath-taking views in Spain, looking over the Ronda Gorge into the depths below is both frightening and fascinating. A walk along the Puente Nuevo bridge is well worth a visit so you can oh and ah as you look down into the Guadalevin river.
- Guadalevin river – this is linked to the Ronda Gorge. This river can be surveyed from 3 bridges; Puente Nuevo, Puente Viejo and Puente Romano.
- The Puente Nuevo – the most impressive of the bridges in Ronda, the Puente Nuevo is the newest, with construction completed in 1793. This is one of three bridges from which you are able to admire the Gorge. It is situated near to one of Spain’s famous Parador hotels, which is worth a visit!
- Plaza Duquesa de Parcent – this is the beautiful square in the city. Perfect for a stroll and picturesque Instagram pictures, or to have lunch in one of the many restaurants nearby.
Plaza Duquesa de Parcent
Plaza de Toros
*I DO NOT OWN ANY PHOTOS (they are found on Google.)